Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Musings of an ex-gallery owner ...

I didn't really have expectations as to how the whole logistical configuration of transitioning from a brick and mortar gallery to an exclusively online art gallery would look or feel. Oh my! There is a huge difference.

Artists:  Richy Sharshan, Kay West, Megan Holden, Christina Rothe, Tracy Dupuis Roland

I think first off that it is more solitary than anticipated.

Yes, I'm still dealing with artists and their needs and questions, but it's via email or Messenger or texting. But I can't see their eyes brighten while they're texting about a new project. I can't hear the excitement in the artist's voice as their words come faster and faster about trying a new medium. There's little face-to-face interaction, other than, yes, going to art exhibits and talking with the artists at the various show venues about their concept, their story, execution of their work.

As introverted as I deem myself to be, this loss of activity and interaction enjoyed in the gallery has been unexpected. And of course it prompts me to consider generally how solitary an existence creatives lead.

I think I'll mull this over and come up with regular meet-ups in artist studios, or perhaps invite artists to periodic art salons. A problem presents that without a gallery, WHERE? There must be such gatherings in other areas. I'll have to research this and follow through, as I've heard from other artists that they, too, long for exchange of ideas and art processes, and what's going on in the art world outside of Spokane.

If anyone has suggestions or is agreeable to sharing what they are doing in their communities, I would be most appreciative. One artist to another.

4 comments:

  1. If anyone has suggestions or is agreeable to sharing what they are doing in their communities, I would be most appreciative. One artist to anothe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reenart Gallery Reenart Gallery, Australia’s leading Artist Gallery Online is a prominent place that profers you with varieties of different types of original paintings that comprises of paintings like oil paintings, watercolor paintings, acrylic paintings, charcoal paintings and many more. This is one of the best known Artist Gallery Online that provides a place to the emerging contemporary artists from around Australia and Indian Sub-Continents to explore their minds and thoughts through the innovative paintings painted by them. The talent and skills that the painters have can be completely seen in the paintings painted by them as the natural touch these paintings offers make them look so mesmerizing and amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Painting which depicts everything about the painting, Great Artwork!!!

    Online Art Gallery in Mumbai!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valuable information.. If there is any other blog related to this kindly ping me



    Modern Abstract Paintings

    ReplyDelete